Friday, May 29, 2009

Please Don't Do This!


So if you have been reading my blog for a little while you know that I absolutely LOVE really bad, cheesy movies (see here for a post on one of my favs.) I don't know why I love them but I do, and they will always hold a special place in my heart. So imagine my surprise when I come home after a VERY long day working at the boutique to read that there might be a remake of the 80s movie Girls Just Want To Have Fun in the works. Hollywood: PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!!! For anyone who hasn't seen this movie please run right now to your nearest Blockbuster and rent this movie right now. Go on I'll wait. 

You're back? Ok good. For anyone who hasn't see this movie (and I'm really hoping that there's other crazy people out in blog world who love this movie as much as I do!) it starts a VERY your Sarah Jessica Parker, Helen Hunt, and Shannon Doherty, as well as a bunch of other random 80s stars who haven't done anything else, as teenagers in Chicago who enter a dance contest to get on DTV (a kinda dance version of MTV.) The movie is FILLED with horrible 80s clothes and dancing, and is possibly one of the best movies ever made. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing as well, and I am not ashamed to admit that I have it on cassette and would listen to it in my car, until my radio that had a cassette player with it broke :( 

Anyhoo, the point of this very long and pointless post is that Hollywood, I am BEGGING you to not ruin a perfectly amazing 80s movie . I'm sure you have much better (and ORIGINAL) ideas for movies...please use them. I apologize for this random post and I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Off to see Angels and Demons tonight....hope it's good! 
xoxo
KAC

ETA: Like others have already mentioned in the comments don't even get me started on the travesty that is the remake of Footloose. I love Chase Crawford as much as the next gal but please...he is NO Kevin Bacon and I am already refusing to see this movie. 

6 comments:

  1. it would be a travesty if they re-did it. They are already going to ruin Footloose. If they even try to touch Grease its war.

    You will love angels and demons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't remake this! As the above commenter said - Footloose is already about to be brought down. Not this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you!! I love love love that movie and a remake would only ruin it, surely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree too! Hope you are enjoying the weekend!
    xxx me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Girls Just to Have Fun and think that a remake is a very bad idea. I am so sick of Hollywood remaking everything from comedy to horror. There are some movies that should not be touched.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too agree! Why does Hollywood have to remake moveis that were made in the 80's? They're classics, leave them alone :)

    ReplyDelete