Saturday, May 9, 2009

Update from the Road

I don't know about anyone else but I used to have the most romantic idea about road trips. This probably comes from my love of the Britney Spears movie Crossroads which is (sadly enough) still one of my favorite movies. Well after taking my fourth or fifth road trip this semester I can officially say that I HATE them. I am SOOO sick of driving, and although I am having so much fun with my dad I cannot wait to be home and see my mom and my dog!

In other news this weekend has been great! The graduation was fantastic and I cannot believe that my dad's godson J, and his girlfriend S are now doctors!! Last night we went to this restaurant called Zimmerman's Roadhouse, and it was AMAZING!!! We all split onion rings and sweet potato fries to start (this definitely wasn't a place to be on a diet!) and then I had the most AMAZING crab cakes with rice and J's sister L, and I split a brownie sundae for dessert...YUM!! After dinner J, S, L, and I all went out to a bar called Rick's which was so much fun, and this morning we all went to brunch before leaving. It was such a great weekend, and I was so glad to see everyone and get to spend time with my dad! 

Lastly, because we are going to be on the road tomorrow, and I might not get to post this I would like to wish everyone a very happy happy Mother's Day. I love my mom SOOO much, and I am more grateful to her than she will ever know. I am so lucky that I am so close with my mom and I cannot wait to see her tomorrow, and celebrate the fact that she is the best Mom in the world!!




xoxo
KAC

4 comments:

  1. Your first picture didn't happen to be taken in Vail, CO did it? I have one that looks the EXACT same...

    Hope the rest of the road trip was fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just darling!!! And, many thanks for entering the swap. Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies luck fabulous here!


    I heart your blog! Hope you don't mind if I follow along...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that movie too! Love the picture. xoxo

    ReplyDelete