Monday, June 1, 2009

I took another Plunge

Although my workouts have been going pretty well, and I've been feeling a lot better and more in shape I took another plunge today and got the 30 day shred DVD! Although it sounds pretty tough I've also heard really good things about it so I'm super pumped to start it tomorrow after work! Anyone out there have any tips for a newbie??

In other news ( I sound like I should be a newscaster haha) I survived my first day at my internship...mostly. One awkward moment was at the beginning when I should up right on time in my cute Lily navy and white wrap dress ready to see my supervisor....and he wasn't there. So there I sat until someone else found me and gave me things to do haha. After that everything went well and I even got to write a fun article about wedding cakes (maybe it doesn't sound that fun but the other articles I had to write were about healthcare technology...ZZZZZZZZZ) Both of my supervisors will be in meetings tomorrow am so I don't have to go in until 12! They are both super nice tho (and CUTE as well as all the other guys in the office...YES!) and I'm pretty excited for the rest of the summer. I also think I'm going to learn a TON!! 

Lastly...how was everyone's weekend? Mine was busy but great! Unfortunately I had to work at the boutique (my internship's unpaid so have to make some money this summer!) the entire weekend which normally wouldn't be that bad but it was SOOO nice out so it was kinda sad. Friday night I saw Angels and Demons which was pretty good but not fantastic. I fell asleep for prob like 5 min in the beginning (which was a smidge slow in my opinion) but I thought the end, esp the "twist" was GREAT! I'm also a huge Ewan McGregor fan so I was so happy to see he was in the movie! Saturday night C and I went out to Fire and Ice in Boston for dinner and drinks (if you haven't been there...go it's great!!) It was so much fun and it was also funny because there were five bachelorette parties there which made it alot more fun!! 

I also wanted to quickly say a huge THANK YOU to all of my followers and blog world in general. I saw that I have 51 followers today and am BEYOND shocked and cannot thank you all enough. When I started blogging I never thought that I would have 10 followers, let alone 51, and I really never thought that anyone would want to read my random thoughts (and they really are random!!) You all are so great and I have fallen completely in love with blogging, as well as reading and keeping up with all of your blogs. Thanks to all!! I Hope everyone is having a great start to the week. Just discovered that True Blood is back on HBO on demand which is GREAT news because they were all sold out of the DVDs are Target :( Have a great night!! 
xoxo
KAC

10 comments:

  1. I love your blog!! And, I am so tempted to get "the shred." I have heard about it over and over from different people. Let us know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying your internship!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, my Shred is sitting on a shelf...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on day three of the shred and I just recommend drinking lots of water after you do your workouts because it helps to flush lactic acid from your muscles and that is what makes you sore. Also, this sounds crazy but working out when you are sore also makes you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey I just found your blog, it's so cute! I must ask you about Ireland - I am headed there this week for the first time (well, Dublin). Any tips? You should also enter my giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your first day! I'm sure you did great. I'll be wishing you well all week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad everything is going so well for you, girlie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you had a good time at your internship!! Your outfit must have been adorable. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love following- you have to read my post I did on Sunday! Did a thank you shout out too!! That is so wonderful that you are enjoying your internship!! xxxx me

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for the tips! We are staying near St. Stephen's Green, so I believe we are walking distance from most bars, shopping, etc - correct? If you have any good restaurant suggestions, I would appreciate it (bar type food, nothing super fancy)! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete